CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kenya Weekend

Ok, so I didn't actually go to Kenya for the weekend! It was actually a weekend at Waterslea, a local Christian campsite (where we went for the Scrapping With Soul Retreat) for the team going to Kenya next January. It was a weekend for bonding & organising. We got lots of things sorted out & did lots of bonding, so yeah it was a good weekend.
Though it didn't get off to such a great start. My car got bogged & then broke down as I was driving down Kollona Drive toward the campsite. It is a fairly hilly/ rocky road, so breaking down there when it is dark & raining was not much fun at all. But a bunch of the guys came to my rescue. Definitely an interesting way to commence the bonding weekend! But after that, things ran smoothly & it was a great weekend.
Getting excited, coz in 4 months time we will be over in Kenya. It's gonna be such a great experience, I am so looking forward to it!

1 comments:

Happyjen said...

What a great way to bond with everyone, maybe not such a good thing to happen on a road u don't know that well but at least u had plenty of ppl to help u out.
I bet u have started the count down for Kenya already, I know u r going to have a wonderful time over there.

Sorry I missed u guys today,I even went to Tony and Cathy's but noone home there either,I hope to b back down soon ... that's if my weekends working gets changed they have just decided I have to work every weekend ... not happy jan...lol