CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

What I've Missed Most This Week

I have been home for just over a week now. I am so glad to be home with my family & friends, but I am also missing being in Kenya. Here are some of the things I've missed the most:

~The Gang! I really loved hanging out with the rest of the Aussie team & getting to know them all better. They are all really awesome, lovely people.

~ The beautiful weather. Australia is so hot at the moment! We had really nice weather in Kenya.

~ The yummy pineapples. Kenyan pineapples are so lovely & so sweet. They are so much nicer than Australian pineapples!

~ Makena's beautiful singing! We had an adorable two year old on our team who spent more time singing than I did. Can you believe that?!

~ Hearing reggae music wherever you go. I am a huge Bob Marley fan & loved hearing his music around a lot of the places we went.

~ The great devotions we had each day. They were really encouraging & even though I do my own devotion each morning, it's just not the same as having group devotions each day, where you can all encourage & support each other.

~ Hearing people say "Habari" (hello how are you), "Karibu" (welcome) & "Asante" (thankyou). I had gotten so used to hearing them everywhere!

~ Riding in a bus everywhere & not having to wear a seat belt!

~ Mandazis. They are like doughnuts, but not as sweet, but I think they are nicer than doughnuts.

~ Running by Kenyan time! Kenyans are so relaxed, so nothing ever ran to schedule!

3 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos of your recent "mission" in Kenya. Sounds like you had a great time. Kenya and its people certainly have made an impact on you. I hope you get to go back one day.

Rose-Anne said...

Haylee you have had such a wonderful time. I can hardly wait to chat with you in March. I love your photos and what beautiful Children and their hair is so creative. Yours looks good too.I loved the giraffes and elephants-my 2 fav animals.
I teach with a man and his surname is Asante. I willhave to call him Mr Thankyou in future.
Welcome home.

Chrissy said...

You look so cute with your braids honey, just wanted to pop in and say how much I've enjoyed looking at all your beautiful photos from Kenya. The childrens gorgeous faces make me smile!

Sounds like perhaps you will go back one day...

Hugs
Chrissy x