CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Month To Go!

That's right, this time next month I will be in Kenya. I can't believe it is so close, it feels like we had only just started talking about it & now it is almost here!
Pete & Catherine are heading off this week, so that they can spend some extra time with Pete's family & do some last minute organising from Kenya.
So now I'm trying to make sure that I am organised. I've bought a few little things such as toiletries, shorts, thongs & other little bits & pieces that I want to take with me. There are still a few little things that I need to get, but apart from that I'm pretty well organised.
We had our very last Kenya team meeting last night. The only thing that is still a problem for us is our budget. With the financial situation at the moment our budget is short. So we are all going to have to put in an extra two hundred dollars each, which is going to be hard for a few people. If the exchange rate goes up by two shillings, then the budget works, but at the moment it is at 50 shillings to the Australian dollar. So we are praying that it will go up at least 2 shillings for us.
So apart from that things are pretty organised, though we know that it's not all going to go just as we have planned, but we are prepared for that.
So I'm getting really excited about the trip, a bit scared, but yeah mostly excited. Not long to go now!

2 comments:

Karen L said...

Haylee just want to let you know that I will be praying for you. This is an awesome opportunity for you to see God's hand at work in not only your own life but those of the Kenyans as well.

Miss H said...

Ditto what Karen said :-D

Praying that this is a wonderful experience for you and you reach many with the Gospel.

Let God lead you on this trip and he will solidify the relationships of those you are travelling with :D