CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Memories Of My Gran

Well my Grandma's funeral was last Friday. It was quite a good service, as far as funerals go. I got through my bible reading without any problem and Dad's eulogy was just beautiful & he presented it so well. And we had so many people there to support us. Lots of friends & family, as well as a number of people from Clelland Lodge. As sad as funerals are, I think it's such a great thing to look back over someone's life to see what they've acheived and what an impact they've left behind.
So I went through all my scrapbooks to find all the layouts I have made about Gran, so here is a look at some of them, to give you guys my memories/tributes of my Gran:
Gran & Pa on their wedding day September 1953
Dad and Gran swimming together
Gran & Dad Christmas 2007. We were so blessed to have Gran with us for Christmas last year, because July 2007 she was really unwell & was in hospital for about a month & I really didn't think she would make it, but she made an amazing recovery & then went to her new home at Clelland Lodge nursing home & was still managing quite well until a couple of weeks ago.
I love this photo of us having a family bbq lunch, which is what we often did when Gran came over.

Gran with her good friend Joyce
Pa, Gran & Dad with Pa's mum
I love this photo of Gran & Pa dancing. It was taken on their first date!
These last two are layouts that I made today. This first one celebrates the fact that Gran & Pa were married for 50 Golden Years. It's a shame that we didn;t get a photo of them at their 5oth Wedding Anniversary, but well, I didn't have my digital camera back then, & I really am the only camera mad person in my family!
3 Generations Of Combers. Me as a baby with my Dad, my Gran & my Pa.
Love you Gran & Pa & I miss you both so much. xox

3 comments:

KAYCEE said...

i love the reflections of ya granny and poppa. nice of yu to do ad looks at those great times spent together

Mumma_Mone said...

haylee you work is so good i think you shouls send the one of gran and her friends into a mag its great.

Happyjen said...

Haylee, these r such beautiful memories of Gran.