CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lusi's Challenge

I joined Lusi Austin & friends on her blog last night for a night of scrapping. During the night Lusi posted a challenge, the criteria was:
* the colour purple
* an envelope or part of one
* paper clip, staples or hair clip
* 3 circles
* hand journalling
So I completed the above page. It's a photo from my Year 10 Formal of my best friends from high school and is part of my beautiful people album.
I used a piece of purple patterned paper as the background. I then grabbed a purple striped envelope and stuck it on with the photo poking out of it, and attatched a butterfly hair clip to the seal of the envelope. I then tucked 3 circles behind the photo, and wrote my hand journalling on the circles. I then threw in a few finishing touches and it was finished.
It was a lot of fun. I do love challenges. My favourite challenges are the ones where you are given a list of products/criteria you have to use, that's always heaps of fun.

Last night I mentioned to Lusi the pages I had made from the Paper Crafts Festival we met at last year, and she wanted to see them, so here you go Lusi I've posted them for ya.


This layout didn't turn out quite how I had imagined. I used photos of all the things I bought on the day and stuck all the business cards and flyers I collected on the day underneath the photos. It didn't quite work out, it looks a bit cluttered, but oh well.


I've already posted this layout a while ago, but I've put it on again so that they are all together. The first page of Lusi & I was about how I enjoyed the class and how lovely Lusi is, but this one is all about what I got out of making a grattitude book, and how it made me quite reflective.



3 comments:

Cass said...

Love the meeting Lusi page. :D

Beverley said...

Your purple "Lucy challenge" layout turned out great! Love the envelope and the clip and the circles ... I might just write down that list of ingredients - I love challenges like that too. Sorry to hear that some of your friends are moving on from work - will pray that God will bring even more beautiful people into your life and that you will feel safe and secure knowing that He never changes.
Hebrews 13:8

lusi said...

Hello beautiful! LOVE your take on the challenge mate! Just fantastic! How cute is that butterfly clip!?! Will send you something in the mail - just email me your addy: bla27@myplace.net.au
Love the other pages too - esp the one of us together! You are so lovely and I bet your beautiful people album looks great!
Much love,
Lus x