CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Scrapbooking With Non Traditional Embellishments

After scrapping with Lusi last weekend, I was inspired to try using some non traditional embellishments on her layouts. So this weekend I set to work with a bunch of things I collected from home & work and came up with these ideas. This first layout is about how Lusi has inspired me to loosen up with my scrapbooking. I created my own patterned paper using bingo markers Lusi had given to me & decorated the page using a white paper bag with red hearts on it, an old magnet that says "shock" & a tag from a Rolling Stones t shirt I bought the other week. Then I matted the photo on a celephane choclate wrapper.
This is my fav layout. This is the one that started it all. At the scrapping retreat lasy weekend, my friend Erin gave me a hair net as a joke. Well, I thought it looked cool all folded up, so decided to create a page of me & Erin & use it as an embellishemnt (it is the blue clump underneath the bottom photo). I then grabbed a bottle top, a scrap of material & a buttefly shaped paper from a note book & added some other little supplies & it was done. And I'm really happy with how it turned out.
My mum handed me a postage packet & told me to see if I could use it, so it became a feature on with layout of Dominic & I. I also used an old teddy bear brooch & a clothes tag as embellishments.
For this layout of Melinda & Kaitlyn I created starts out of alluminium foil.
I love this photo of Mum dressed up as Wally, but just didn't know how to scrap it. Then I was inspired the other day & used the poster from a Where's Wally magazine as the background of this layout.

For this layout of Royce & Meagan I just threw things on randomly, such as bread clips, a poker chip, a cherub keyring, a sticky label & the heart from a broken necklace.
The D on this layout came from a promotion pack a drug rep gave us at work. They were just going to throw it all away, but I swooped in and rescued the D, coz I knew I could find a use for it! I also used another celephane choclate wrapper, a badge, a scrap piece of metal & a piece of note paper.
I framed this photo of Jhorjie using the insert of a photo farme, then used the December page from a 2007 diary, a unicorn magnet, a cardboard shoe off the cover of a diary and a piece of shiny wrapping paper.
I embellished this layout of Dominic using an alphabet stencil, dog tag, bottletop & paper fasteners.
Lastly, a layout about the scrap retreat. I used the key ring they gave us & cut out the loveheart & "SWS 2008 Love Is" from the introduction pack they gave us.
Well, I had so much fun putting these layouts together. I'm definitely going to incorporate more playing into my scrapbooking!

3 comments:

Karen L said...

Haylee these layouts are amazing and a real inspiration. I love how you have taken on this new style and I am sure you must be having heaps of fun with it cause you have sure scrapped up a storm this week. I've loved checking them out. Go Lusi too on inspiring us all with our scrapbooking.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I've been thinking about doing some scrapbooking as a hobby. I've lived doing crafts in the past and this seems like something that would be fun to do during my free time.

Happyjen said...

Oh Haylee, What can I say!!!
You really amaze me with the different layouts you do, I have never seen one that looks alike, fabulous work.
I think they r all amazing but must say the one of Jhorjie caught my attention ... the colours r fantastic and really love the embellishments u used.