CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

New Beginnings

Monday always marks the beginning of a new week, but for me the new beginnings are a lot bigger this week.
Last Thursday I had an appontment with my psychologist & told her that I had relly appreciated her input over the last year & a half, but feel I am now able to take on board all the things she has taught me & no longer require sessions with her. So that was quite a big step. While it is quite a positive, encouraging thing that I realised I no longer feel I need to see her, it is quite scary to know that I no longer have that. But she is still there & she said I can contact her if I ever feel I need to. But I will leave that as a last option, for I'm at a point where I just want to be moving forward.
Another big part of my life came to an end last week. For the last 20 weeks I have been doing a course called Living Waters which is a Christian organisation based around allowing God to enter the broken areas of your life and allowing Him to heal these areas and bring you further through Him. And it has been such an amazing experience for me. Living Waters is another reason that I have made such a transformation this year. So I'm feeling quite anxious now that it has finished, but am trying to focus more on taking on board the skills it has taught me. I also really appreciate the support & friendship I received from the people at Living Waters & am particularly hoping to continue these friendships with Jenny, Ruth & Erin, three amazing women who have inspired & encouraged me so much & who I think are just beautiful women & would really love to remain in contact with them.
So that is the endings, now the beginnings. Over the last few weeks I have been really challenging myself socially & have been getting out there & doing a lot more.
I have recently started going to a new bible study on Thursday nights & am really enjoying getting to know that group of people.
Since the Scrapping With Soul retreat I have remained in contact with Jess & we are now getting together once a fortnight & scrapping together. That has been really lovely, getting to know Jess again. We were such good friends at school, but then lost contact.
I have been going to more events, including the 80s night at church a few weeks ago & Sarah's party on Saturday night (photos in the post below) & really had such a great time at both of those.
Last Friday night I had dinner with Jenny & Ruth from Living Waters & then went along with them to their church. I did this because I wanted to remain in contact with them after Living Waters & am interested in trying different churches, and found it to be a really lovely group of people & definitely think I will go there again.
Then last night Jenny & I went to another church to hear a friend of ours do the sermon, and I felt really encouraged by the number of people who came up to talk to us & I have been invited to a new bible study on Wednesday night, which I think I will need to give a try.
So I am becoming more social. I have something on every night this week, so that is such a big step to me. So heres to new beginnings, new friendships & a big week.
Thanks for reading this rather long post, I better go or I'll be late for work!

4 comments:

Beverley said...

Good on you! Will pray for your new beginnings. Oh and that pirate party looks like it was loads of fun, I love dressing up.

Cass said...

Congratulations on your steps forward. I'm so happy to hear that your life is heading in the direction you want it to. :) *HUGS*

KAYCEE said...

Good to see you getting out and about.
You have a loveley bunch of girlfriends and specailly your church friends, lap it up and start mixing in... Good on ya forwards on from now.

Happyjen said...

I am so proud of you Haylee!!!