CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Paper Festival



Today Mum & I went up to Penrith for the Paper Festival. We both had a great time. I can't believe I haven't been to one before. I am definitely going next year! I spent just over my budget, so I guess that's not too bad. I mostly bought papers. I'm a bit of a paperholic! But I did buy other cool stuff. I particularly stocked up on things I don't have much of, like flowers, rub ons and cut out words.

We also attended a Lusi Austin class which was a lot of fun. She took us through making a grattitude book, and I really enjoyed the session, even though I hardly got anything done! And I kept making mistakes, but hey, in scrapbooking you make mistakes, but instead of panicking just fix them and move on. So I will cover up my mistakes and finish my book (hopefully sometime soon!). But we had a lovely time with Lusi and Sue, the other lady in the class. Mum won the lucky door prize and said to me "I can't believe I won" and I said "well you did have a one in three chance!"
Anyway, it was an awesome day, and now I have to get down to some serious scrapping with my new stuff!

5 comments:

Karen L said...

Haylee you look like you have had a terrific day. How exciting to bring home so many new scrapbooking products. Can't wait to see what you do with them. I bet your class with Lusi was pretty awesome too. She is such a lovely person.

Miss cath said...

Those paper shows really are addictive aren't they! Glad you enjoyed it and had fun in your class as well. You can go mad with all the cool things to buy can't you.

Oh.... in scrapbooking we don't make mistakes - they are "opportunities to embellish!" lol

Beverley said...

Oh wow - looks like you had a great time shopping! Love how new things just make you want to scrap more. And I agree with the mistakes thing - not mistakes just opportunities to be more creative - that's how some of my best pages come about.

Cass said...

I love paper/craft shows! Looks like you picked up some great new stuff. Looking forward to seeing what you create with it. :)

Happyjen said...

Looks like you had a ball, If u r anything like ya mum or Cathy u would have been spending spending spending .. hehehe
It's a shame I didn't get to see ya's but been really sick and didn't go to work so couldn't ring to see if ya's came up, that would have been a real nono ...lol