CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bible Verse Of The Week

"Yes indeed- God is my salvation. I trust, I won't be afraid. God- yes God- is my strength and song." ~ Isaiah 12:2

I love this verse. It is quite simple, yet an important one for me to keep in mind and reflect on. I am finding this verse to be of great comfort at the moment. It reminds me that God is always there for me, so I should never be afraid.
Another verse along the same lines that I also really love at the moment is:

"Trust in Him, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." ~ Psalm 62:8

Such simple, yet such powerful words. I love Psalms. It is such a great book, full of wonderful praises and prayers to our Lord.

10 minutes ago I was listening to "I Knew You Were Waiting" by Aretha Franklin and George Michael, and even though it is not a Christian song, I found myself really reflecting on the lyrics, and finding them to support these verses on trust that I have been focusing on at the moment. The following lines from the song really spoke to me today:

"When the river was deep I didn't falter
The Monutain was high, I still believed
The valley was low, it didn't stop me
I knew you were waiting
I knew you were waiting for me."

These lines just made me reflect on how I will never falter or stop believing, because I know that God is always there waiting for me. And that is such a great comfort.

1 comments:

Beverley said...

Love the wording of that Isaiah verse. No room for doubt, it is so definite. God - yes God- is my strength! Thanks for the little devotional - it makes me want to seek God more myself. Oh and Feeny was a very cute kitten!