CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Three Years Ago

Sorry to sound so cliche, but time really does fly! I can't believe that it was three years ago that I had just finished year 12 and was moving to Sydney to study Music Business at Tafe. It was such a big time in my life, because it was moving on from childhood into adulthood. Getting ready to tackle the big wide world. The thing that was so huge for me was moving away from my parents and living by myself. That was really scary, and honestly I didn't like it, so I moved back home after 6 months. I finished my course, but didn't do the courses that follow. The intent is to complete Certificate 3, Certificate 4 and Diploma, but I just didn't handle being on my own.
But it wasn't all bad living in Sydney. Most of the time I actually enjoyed being by myself and having the house to myself, the main thing was just being so far away from my family and friends. I was quite lonely, which led to me getting my beautiful kitten Feeny. I felt a bit better having another being in the house with me, and he is just so cute. So definitely the best thing about living in Sydney was getting Feeny.
Another highlight was seeing Jimmy Barnes live at Rooty Hill RSL with Natalie. The picture above is us at the concert. It was outside, which I reckon is so much better than being inside, it was more relaxed, and it was just so much fun.
So I don't regret living in Sydney one bit. It was a learning experience, and though I didn't last there long, it has still made a big impact on my life.
Here are a couple of cute pics of Feeny to leave you with:

I can't believe he was so little! How cute! I wish he was still this little and cute, but people and animals grow up, what can I do about it?
Mum says he wasn't cute he was scrawny, and I agree he was scrawny but he was definitely a gorgeous little thing!

2 comments:

Happyjen said...

wow Haylee, time does fly, Now u could have had Natalie living with u ....lol
Natalie really did enjoy that concert.
Yep feeny has grown heaps from that cute little kitten.

Miss cath said...

I love that pic of Feeny on the chair - he was scrawny but a cute type scrawny.