CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

One Album Finished, On To The Next

I always get such a feeling of relief when I finish a scrapbooking album. I don't know how you work, but I work through one album at a time. Each album has a theme, and before I start I plan what pages I'm going to do, and what photos I'm going to use. The albums don't always turn out exactly as I imagine, as I always find photos and create spontaneous pages, which means other pages get left out.
This album I've just finished is a random album. I'd previously completed an album of my 21st Birthday party, a Christmas album and a December album, so I felt like doing a random, less structured album, where I just use all different photos from different times.
This photo is of me as a child with one of my dolls, and I talk about how I've always been very passionate about my dream to be married with lots of kids.

This is Nanny when she was in hospital, when she met Cooper for the first time.
I have had these photos sitting around for ages, but just haven't been able to scrap them. Iv'e found it too hard, as they are very sensitive photos, but I've realised that it was a significant time for all of us, and is just as important to scrap as everything else.

These are also photos that I'd planned onscrapping for ages but hadn't got around to it, so I finally dragged them out today & came up with this page.
The following two are the same story, photos I've planned on using for a while, I guess that's my theme for this album, photos that I've been putting off scrapping!

I threw this page together while watching Survivor, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I saw a page in a magazine that had this heading, and I thought it was really cool, so I tried it out for myself.

4 comments:

KAYCEE said...

gee you have been a busy lady. you have gotsome great ideas. i love the pcs of nan and cooper. i remember the day she became unwell. it was the day before my 21st and nan and davina were gunna come out to visit to meet cooper.

as you can see in the pics, i beleive that nan knew who cooper was and i was glade i was able to share him with her while she was here.

well done hayles

Karen L said...

Haylee - this is an amazing random album. I love how you can just take photos and plan like you do and get your scrapbooking done. I seem to agonize over my photos too much I think. I have been working on my "JOY Journal" though and getting through a few pages this weekend. It feels good to be scrapbooking again.

Beverley said...

More amazing layouts! Love the papers you've been using and so cool that you complete albums. I really must get my head around the album concept. I love the family tree title - might just have to use that one myself.

Happyjen said...

Beautiful, that's all I can say, I know those 2 lo's of mum and dad have me sitting here teary eyed but they r truly beautiful, thank you Haylee.