CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Scrap Therapy

Is laughter the best medicine? Or is it love? Or what about chocolate?
Well, I have to say that SCRAPBOOKING is the best medicine for me. Take today for example. I had the worst morning, where everything kept going wrong. There were disasters all over the place and we were under staffed, so I was majorly stressed. I finally made it to lunch & flew out the door, but halfway to the shops I discovered I didn't have my wallet. So I went back to work & my lovely friend Sarah loned me some money, but I was still worried about what had happened to my wallet (turned out it was at home in a different handbag). Anyway, I made it through the day, but was quite miserable. I got home & got straight into scrapping. Though even then things were still going wrong. I put tape on the back of the chipboard swirl I had painted white, but when I turned it around there was some pink spodges on it. Then my pen went crocked as I was trying to draw a black line. But instead of stressing out over these two disasters, I embraced them & made them work with the page. But then I had no idea what to do as a heading & journalling. So I just looked at the page for a while, & realised it made me think about summer, it felt really summery, so I made it all about Summer. I was really happy with how this page turned out, and had totally forgotten about my bad day at work.

3 comments:

Miss cath said...

Scrapping can be a great relaxer and way of switching off can't it!

Someone once told me the you don't make mistakes in scrapping - they are opportunities for embellishing! I loved that!

Hope tomorrow is a better one for you. Losing your wallet is a horrible feeling isn't it.

Karen L said...

Oh Haylee I can certainly vouch for what you said also. Scrapbooking to me is very theraputic and it allows me to escape into my own little world and it brings such pleasant memeories to me as I do it. By the way you layout looks terrific. You should be happy with it.

Happyjen said...

I found going and making tags in psp was my stress relief, So I would say scrapping would b the same for you.

Glad you found your wallet, I can imagine just how stressful it was for you.

Keep smiling.