CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

How Did I End Up In Kangaroo Valley?

Today I had a really bad day. I don't know what it was but I just felt awful. And I got worse as the day went on. Then at 4pm it all got too much & I broke down. I went down to the staff room to recompose. The practice manager came down & chatted to me, then suggested I go home early. So I left work, but didn't feel like going home straight away. I didn't want to get home while I was still upset, so I decided to just drive around.
Well I headed up Illaroo Road & thought if I kept driving I might drive through Cambewarra & head back through Bomaderry (I am hopeless with directions I don't know where anything is!) Anyway, before I knew it I was on a mountain heading towards Kangaroo Valley. Now, I have never driven to Kangaroo Valley before, in fact I have never driven on a mountain before so I was quite scared at first. Then I thought, good I'll go to the lolly shop in Kangaroo Valley. But when I got there the lolly shop was closed. I was so disappointed. So then I went to the fudge shop instead & got an ice cream cone plus some fudge for later. Then I headed home.
By the time I got home I was feeling a lot better, so my drive was actually quite therapeutic. Well, I think it was a combination of the drive & the ice cream!
Anyway, at least now I can say that I've driven up a mountain!

5 comments:

Cass said...

Glad that you felt better after your drive. Going up a mountain in times of need is actually quite biblical. Jesus often went to the top of a mountain (to pray to God - Luke 6:12, to show His glory to the disciples - Matt 17:1).
Looking forward to tomorrow. :)

Miss cath said...

I find when I am feeling at the end of my tether emotionally that going for a drive really helps. I have my music going and just slowly start to relax. Sometimes you just don't want to talk to people or to be around anyone! Glad to hear you felt a bit better by the time you got home.

((((hugs))))

Miss cath said...

Oh and congrats on conquering the mountain! It is scary the first time so well done - I can remember the first time I drove the mountain AND crossed the Nowra bridge in one trip ~L~

miss~nance said...

What Haylee didnt mention was that the mountain she wnet over to get to Kangaroo Valley was Mount Scanzi. Mostly dirt road and not a patriculary easy drive. She then had to drive up & over Cambewarra Mountain to get home.

Cass great point about Jesus retreating to a mountain to pray - he did that quite regulary.

Beverley said...

I thought the same as Cass - going up the mountain is biblical!

I am reminded too of the verse in Psalms that says 'I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from, my help comes from the Lord almighty the maker of heaven and earth. Ps 121:1,2

And then I remembered about the book Hinds Feet on High Places - a good read and based on Habakkuk 3:19 'The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

May God bless you and comfort you with His word.