CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Celebrate The Everyday

I'm reading Ali Edwards' Life Artist book at the moment, and I really love the chapter Celebrate The Everyday, which highlights the importance of scrapbooking about our ordinary, everyday stories. This has inspired me to put a lot more focus into what is going on around me everyday, and how I could incorporate that into a scrapbooking layout. So to get started I have been running around with my camera for the last couple of days taking photos of anything and everything. Here are a few examples:

What has amazed me is all the stories I have discovered that are waiting to be told. Things that may have seemed insginificant before now seem to be just as important as the photos of people and events that I usually scrapbook about. Below are some stories that I thought needed a voice as well as pictures:

This is my desk. What I love about it is that you really do learn all about my life just from looking at my desk. There's a scrapbooking layout, a pile of photos, a Neighbours book, a photo of my India sponsor child, an xray & referral to get my wisdom teeth removed, devotional books, lots of jewellery, mostly earrings, a framed photo of my gorgeous cat Feeny and a few home gifts I have received from people.

Meagan & Ziggy were playing a little tugging game with Winnie The Pooh, but look at poor Winnie afterwards!

This is Tiffy's I Want Something walk. She arches the back, waves her tail excitedly and meows as she walks around you. Here she wanted to go outside, which she wasn't allowed as she had already had dinner.
Minutes after this photo was taken this glass of wine was no more. Feeny and Ziggy came rumbling into the room and hurtled straight into the coffee table, sending the wine all over the floor. Dad hit the roof, but we did manage to clean it up pretty well.
So those are my everyday photos, now I just need to scrapbook them.


4 comments:

Karen L said...

Hey Haylee, I love the changes to your blog - Ali Edwards book looks great and you have some great photos here shopping snippets of your life. I also would love to get a hold of that book.

KAYCEE said...

so how many glasses got empted.(the red wine) well should i say how many bottles lol

Lighter said...

Hi Haylee
More 2 the question is:-
what is a full glass of wine doing
on the 'coffee' table. lol

Happyjen said...

Now i think that's a nifty idea going around taking photo's of everyday things that normally u wouldn't take a second look at, I can just see it now, next weekend u r going to b scrapping lots of the photo's u took.