CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

One Little Word

I'm a huge fan of Ali Edwards. I love checking out her scrapbooking projects & reading her column in Creating Keepsakes magazine, and I love reading her ideas, thoughts and inspirations on her blog.
One thing that really jumped out at me on her blog was the One Little Word challenge, where you pick a word to focus on throughout the year. I couldn't come up with a word last year, but this year one came to straight away, and that was the word POSITIVE, because that is my focus for this year, I want to be more focused on the positive rather than the negative. I had a really bad year last year, and a lot of it has to do with how I always dwell on the negative, so this year it is all about the POSITIVE.
Here are a few projects to get me started on focusing on my word.

The heading on this layout ( Which is hard to read in this photo) is Think Positive Be Positive. I talk about why Positive is my word for the year and what that means for the year ahead.
I have a book which is full of quotes related to positive thinking, and this is one of my favs, it's called Motto For A Positive Outlook and it highlights what to do and what not to do when trying to think positively.
This layout titled The Future Is Bright features one of my favourite bible verses Jeremiah 29:11, which says "For I know the plans I have you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
This page titled Positive Thinking features a bunch of different quotes and bible verses related to being positive.
This is a canvas with a quote that I really love, which says "Think about what you want, not what you don't want- that is Positive Thinking." I felt I really needed to put this quote on a canvas, because that is exactly what I need to do, stop focusing on all the bad things in my life and instead focus on all the good things, all the many things I am blessed with.
Now I know this says Smile, not Positive, but it is still a little reminder to me. I have put it on my bookshelf, which means it is the first thing I see when I walk into my room. So I will always see it, and it will be remind me to smile and forget about my problems, fears, stresses, etc.
Here is to a POSITIVE year.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Awesome Haylee! Great word! Awesome layouts. Thanks for sharing.
Gayle (one of your mums friends from SoF)

Happyjen said...

Oh Haylee, these are awesome, really love what u have done.

lusi said...

Hey chick! Fantastic work girl and an excellent word too :) Really loved your positive thinking where you have lots of different style fonts and different verses about being positive.
May 2008 be a wonderful year for you and may you be drawn closer and closer to God's heart every single day.
Love blessings and thanks for all your encouragement,
Lus x