CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Plans For 2008

I don't do New Years Resolutions, but I have come up with a list of plans for 2008. I know I'm not going to do them all, but I am going to try!

1). Finding Balance
I have just finished a bible study on how to balance things in your life and I have found it very helpful, so I have decided that in 2008 I am going to strive to balance things in my life a little better than what I've been doing. I know it is impossible to achieve total balance, but what I really want is to work out what my priorities are, and make sure I give them the right attention.

2). Africa
In January 2009 I am going to Africa on a mission trip with a group of people from my church, so during 2008 I need to prepare myself for that trip. I don't have to worry about planning anything about the trip, because that is all taken care of. What I need to do is save up money to pay for the trip and pay all the installments on time. I also need to get all the right injections and medical checks and prepare myself mentally and emotionally for the trip.

3). Scrapbooking
This year I plan to scrapbook everyday. Now that doesn't mean I expect to complete a page every day, it just means I want to do something scrapbooking related each day. Some days it may even be something as small as taking photos or looking through magazines for inspiration or searching for quotes on the internet or jotting down journalling notes in my scrapbooking journal. The reason I want to do this is that scrapbooking is what really makes me happy. It helps me to forget about my problems and stresses for a little while. Plus it also helps me to reflect on all the blessings in my life.

My other scrapbooking plan for 2008 is that I want to create one album devoted to each month of the year. For some months such as January, April and December that will be easy, because they are very busy months and I always have lots of photos from those months, but other months such as March, May and July are very quiet, so that means I will need to take a lot of random photos, and really focus on the little things. And that is why I wanted to do this concept, because I want to focus more on the little things, becuase they are so important in the big scheme of things. Also, I think it will be awesome at the end of the year to look back over my 12 albums and see what happened and what I've learned from each month.

4). Friends
I don't have as much contact with my friends as I used to and that is something I really regret, so in 2008 I plan to get together with my friends more often.
I'd also like to catch up with friends I haven't seen for a while, because last year I caught up with my friend Melinda, who I hadn't had much to do with since school finished, but now we get together every Thursday, which I really enjoy.

5). Keeping Healthy
In 2006 I lost 15 kilos, then last year I just totally lost focus and interest in exercise and eating healthy, so I went back to my old ways. But for 2008 I would like to get back into my healthy routine.

6). Be Happy
I know it's impossible to be 100% happy 100% of the time, but I just want to be happier in 2008 than I was in 2007. I had a really bad year in 2007, so I'm going to start 2008 with a better attitude. I need to think more positively and that should lead to me starting to feel happier.

Phew! That's quite a list! I guess I better get off the computer and get started!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

3 comments:

Karen L said...

Haylee, I have loved reading you plans for 2008 - think I need to do something like that myself too. I think we all need to claim some balance in our lives as well. Have loved reading your blog this year - hope you continue to update this regularly throughout the year.

Happyjen said...

Gee Haylee, U certainly have planned ur year well, U r better organised than I am, only thing I think I want for 2008 is a new job ...lol

Mumma_Mone said...

Haylee you seem to have your head turned in the right direction, i think personally you have come a long way, so you keep up the good work dont put yourself down, we for one love you they way you are.